Saturday, March 31, 2012

Super BadAss Bug

What in the HELL is going on?  Everybody is sick and it isn't cool at all.  It went through our family (just kinda sideswiped me so far) and is kicking our asses!!
.......It went through the kids' daycare...
.....through their school....
....through Emma's mouth....
...through Alex's diaper....
....through my work.....
....through the news....
....AAARRRRRGGGHH!!
ok...that's done.  Played my first indoor soccer game in about a year and a half last night, it was a blast.  The good news is that it's basically coed beer league, as opposed to some of the competitive leagues that I've played in before.  I think it was good to transition my way back into it like this....because even this kicked my ass (did I mention that I just had a piece of a badass superbug at the end of last week/weekend?).  The fat belly doesn't help me either.
I had a few assists and one (or two?) goals.  I get almost more satisfaction out of setting up the goal and assisting then I do out of putting the ball in the net.  I don't think that's cowardly....I'd say unselfish...but I really do like that.  There are some good players on my team, which is a nice bonus.  It REALLY is about the fun anyway.
Emma asked me to win for her, and I told her that it was all about having fun....but it sure was nice to win the first game.  Most of the other team were "pick-up" players though, as most of the other team didn't show.
I'm sore today, and feeling like a sissy for it.  Doing a new activity that you haven't done in awhile (read "exercising") really makes fat complain.  I need to keep it up to make it hurt less...but it's just getting there that's the hard part (I seem to remember that I never really got "there"...that I was always "getting there".  Hmmmm, something to think about I guess, but not for too long or I'll never exercise again).  Did I mention that I'm sore?
I know that I need to get back into better shape.  Someone I work with was slashed with a razor across his ear, arm, back, and chest yesterday.  The person who did it was a "ding", no rhyme or reason, just came out of the blue with it.  It's a good reminder for me I suppose, and a wake-up call to exercise.  I want to come home from work to my wife and kids.  And to top it off, I have the high profile job, which doesn't exactly make the best friends.  Those "best friends" may possibly look me up when they get the opportunity, or may just see me by chance on the street. 
Goes back to either being a sheep or a sheep dog....I just have to keep cognizant and ready...while walking the fine line of not being paranoid and stressed about it at all times...or making my family stress out about it.
I haven't been in a real fight in a long time...which is good.  I had my ass handed to me once (made a good accounting of myself before I was knocked out - they remember me), but the point was that I was knocked the hell out.  Kinda like this superbug is doing to my family....-did I mention that?

No comments:

Post a Comment